In Feb, 2007 I sent a check covering the reservation fees and additional charges for high-season + room upgrade. It was intended for a family vacation scheduled for Aug, 2007 in San Diego. This is on top of the pre-paid contract amount and the annual service charge that goes up at compounded 8% per year.

I thought I was done and just needed to plan other things. The checks were cashed right away; no call or any other communication from them at all. From May I started tracking; no luck and regular calls from me only invoked responses such as "we are working ont it"; " we will call you with a confirmation in 10 days", etc. Sometimes I left messages which no one from VNI returned; although someone at the reception promised that they would.

Eventually, they confirmed that they could not get a place for my family. I found my place in no time from outside; but had to pay dearly since it was late planning by then.

Then started the saga of recovering money. Fortunately I had e-mails from some reps of VNI that the money will be refunded. i had to go thru hoofs despite that, deal with abusive customer service managers, navigate thru their secretive accounts payable (or god-know-what) internal department to finally get the refund in late Sep, 2007. This refund was just the booking fees I paid.

The person at VNI who helped me recive this money told me how lucky I was to receive it and it was so quick! This was a check from Feb and they reluctantly processed in late Sep.

Never work with them, is all I can advise to others. I have been burnt and will be very careful in future. If you can, take your money and run away! I am surprised they are still in business.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 14, 2008.

Comments

I was able to cancel out of the contract with Vacation Network and got most of my money back. If you are needing help doing the same...please contact me at Kactusflwer@aol.com and I will walk you through the process!

I am here to help!

I was dealing with ulitmate vacationnetwork.net

3310w big beaver rd

troy Mi 48048

ph.248-242-5591

We where selling timeshare thur this company

they got monies,for fee's ect .deal went bad and we where to get monies returned.

The Purchasing agent,, Mr.Matthew Stevens.

has given dates that never come.now when I try to reach them.I get put on hold and then line goes dead...

#102055

:cry Don't go to their presentations. They are waste of your time.

Don't believe the positive comments about this company: they are from representatives of this company. Don't be bamboozled out of your hard-earned money by this company.

You are better off planning your vacations yourself. These people are VILE and EVIL.

#102041

Vacation Network gives no background company information, no customer satisfaction surveys (lol), and there is no Better Business Bureau accredidation. They promise you gifts to come and listen to their presentation, then BAM!

ask for over $10,000 of your money immediately if you want to reap all the benefits that the company "supposedly" offers. I did not go for it, and I am not surprised that this is a scam fly-by-night company. They lease office space, pay a company to lift names to call and tell them they won something, and see what suckers show up...and maybe some of them will be inclined to believe their offers.

There are travel scam companies like this all over the country...don't fall for for it! Also, I hope that whomever joined and didn't get what they were promised sucessfully sues this scam company.

I find it hard to believe that the members who had no problems aren't employees of the Vacation Network. They do not live up to their end and have ruined four of my vactions at the last minute.

Raven has been no help. I asked to speak to the owner, and go the run around.

A man who claimed to be on the Board of Directors told me to send a letter attn to him, and I said why, you'll just destroy it. I'm afraid they'll keep all of my money, and it's way more than the $6 some people have said they put up.

:) :grin ;) 8) :p :sigh :zzz :upset :eek :roll :? :cry :( :x

We just paid CASH for their vacation plan. It appeared to "walk like a duck".

My husband sold timeshare for several years analyzing the entire program.

Let me just say if it is a "scam" then the State of Nevada will be hearing from us in a Class Action Suit as well asking for a refund. We are, however, awaiting a call back from Raven for a booking.

I recently just joined and now I'm scared and confused. I'm hoping for the best.

Not sure what to do now.

Why is it that they are not part of the Better business bureau? I feel like a fool

We have our lawyer involved now and will do everything in our power to shut these scam artists down. They have completely ripped us off and need to be stopped!

Winthrop, Washington, United States #25691

I agree with JB...Stay away from Vacation Network. They are a scam and will take your money!!! :cry

Winthrop, Washington, United States #25690

Winthrop, Washington, United States #25689

Weatherby Lake, Missouri, United States #18142

I disagree with you completely. In my experience with the company--I'm a 6 year member-- I have had no issues with Dreamworks or VNI.

My wife and I spent a week in Maui, Nevada, Florida, and have taken three cruises so far. I recommend VNI to all my friends! I love them!

As long as you follow the guidelines you will not have any problems. :grin :grin :grin

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #12864

I have had the exact same problem; this company is terrible. We need an attorney who will bring a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the consumers ripped off by VNI and by Dreamworks.