I was unfortunately put in a bad predicament as well in March 2010 in Houston, TX on highway 6 by VNI. My fiancée and I were both hesitant about the companies offer.

At first I thought it would be great for our family to be able to book a vacation, since we really never get a chance to do so. They gave us a spill about how great the company was and what they can offer. After looking over the contract I saw a clause about cancellation of the account. I have never seen this clause before in any other contract.

This should have definitely been a red signal. After leaving the 90min presentation I began to search the company online, and low and behold I was shocked and angry about what I had read about the company. I was not able to find them in the BBB and I seen numerous complaints for angry consumers. So I immediately tried to call the number given to me for the location on HWY 6, for some reason the office was always closed during business hours so I didn't get to talk to anyone.

So I decided to dispute the charge of 299 on by debt card. I was finally able to talk to company called federated that handle all accounts; they advised me that I was unable to cancel my account. I explained that I was not satisfied with their reviews and I did not want to do business with them at all. The Rep Kim Jones told me that I could not cancel and that if I didn't pay they will send my balance to collections.

They offered to cancel 50% of the account. Please I don't want anything to do with this company. How is it that you can put something on my credit and I have not used any of your services?

I will be taking this to an attorney. They have been calling harassing me about the balance, I have made them aware of my stand with this company and they continue to call me constantly.

Review about: Vacation Network Vacation Package Booking.

Comments

VNI is like almost all the other time share companies out there. They sucker you in by promissing great vacation experiences for a fraction of the price.

They love to sell you on time-value of money and inflation principles, that when you get hone and figure the math out, the deal doesn't sound so good. What VNI doesn't disclose is how long it takes to book a reservation. You submit a payment in advance and wait several months to hear back from them--What kind-of arrogant company takes your money before they even provide a service? After you submit your vacation request and wait for a couple of months, you'll wonder why it's taking so long to hear back from your reservationist, afterall how many of us idiots could have possibly purchased this vacation plan in order to keep them so busy?

You'll try calling and emailing, but won't hear anything back until a week or two prior to your trip. By now you're wondering how you can afford to fly to your destination since you've waited so long to purchase your flight, but don't worry... they have that covered too! Maybe you could use the two free airline tickets they promissed you as an incentive for the initial 90-min waste-of-your-life, but then again, it's been three years and those haven't arrived either.

Anyway, if your new to VNI, welcome to the club. You're now ready to enjoy the rest of forever desparately searching for a shred of possitive.

I would warn against calculating how much each trip actually costs you when you figure in the original purchase price + the annual fee. Happy vacationing!

I agreed with you Kadams. Wish I would have done my due diligence and re-searched the company.

I signed my contract with them in Sept 2010. I have not used any of there services. I haven't even paid the annual service charge. I want to cancel my contract, yet they are saying in order to get out of my contract I have to pay the full purchase price.

All I want to do is cancel this membership and not be liable for anything further from this so-called legitimate company. I forwarded my contract to an attorney to see what they can do for me. I have also entered a complaint with my state's attorney general and the BBB.

I hope this works. I feel really *** for falling for this scam.

I hope this works. I feel really *** for falling for this scam.

I'm with Michelle. I've been a member for 3 yrs.

We just went to Steamboat Springs.

One bedroom with a hot tub, beautiful views and skiing steps away. I was had the option to cancel my membership when I first signed up also.....so glad I didn't.

Kadams: I wish I can warn the new members to do research and don't be pressured to signing. Believe me on numerous occasions I wanted to stand outside their office to do so. Were you able to dispute and got credit on your account ($299)?

Kadams

Michelle don't you work for the federated company? I have you on a voicemail I saved regarding this very situation, or maybe it's just a coincidence.

I am glad you had an good experience, but it still does not change the way I feel. Thank YOu

We went on our first vacation to Destin booked through VNI. I have to say that we were VERY pleased with their customer service along the way.

They put us in a beautiful resort on the beach, just like we asked. And for $688 for a 2bdr/2bath 1400 square foot condo on the beach?

You can't ask for better. No complaints.